3:30 pm Reception, Silent Auction & Raffle
4:00 pm Interfaith Concert
5:30 pm Final Auction & Celebration
This year we begin with a silent auction/reception, featuring wine, beverages and tapas with classical music.
Entrance is free. Raffle tickets and beverage glasses will be sold as a part of the fundraising for the Council.
In celebration of World Diversity Day, our concert will feature:
- Hazzan Risa Wallach – B’nai Shalom
- Mt. Diablo Unitarian Universalist Church Chorus
- White Horse Chorale – Sufism Reoriented
- Poetry from Armando Toche – Baha’i Community
- Sikh “Shabads” (Hymns) – Om pal and Gurnam Singh
- “Nasheed” (Praises of God) – Dr. Ejaz Naqvi, Islamic Center of Zahra & Board Member of ICCCC
- Phillip Scott – Native American drumming and chants
- “One Heart, One Mind” – original Interfaith dance composed by Mischa Muse and danced by the White Horse Dancers.
Download the flyer here: Spring 17 flyer
*Basket of goodies from your congregation such as: Picnic makings, appetizers and wine or beers; chocolate- wide variety of types; gardener’s delight- gloves, seeds, tools, gardening book; books around a theme; specialty cookies or baked goods.
* Local play or event tickets
*Frequent Flyer Miles or Vacation cabin/condo
*Plant(s) or Garden gift certificate
*Spa treatment or framed photo or painting
*Service donations from a congregational member? Examples are: accounting services, child care, beauty salon services, handyman services home, pet or garden care, cooking skills to offer for a party, computer consulting, or fashion/shopping assistance.
* Gift Certificates from a congregation member? Examples are: restaurants, any retail store, travel advisory services, catering, college placement counseling, a music store, etc.
AUCTION DONATIONS: contact Carolyn MacKenzie Carolyn_541@hotmail.com 925-876-9375. Receipts for tax purposes can be provided.
Please copy and paste the text below for your congregation’s newsletter or bulletin:
“On Sunday afternoon, May 21st,The Interfaith Council of CCC is offering an Interfaith Concert and Silent Auction at Mt. Diablo Unitarian Universalist Church in Walnut Creek. The event is a fundraiser for ICCCC programs, including their family homeless program, Winter Nights, and Chaplaincy services at the County Juvenile Detention Center. The program is scheduled on “International Diversity Day” (designated by the UN) and begins in Bortin Social Hall at 3:30 p.m. with a Reception (wine, beverages and tapas), Silent Auction and abundant raffles. At 4:00 we will move into the Sanctuary for a concert, titled “One Heart, One Mind: An Interfaith Celebration”, comprised of musicians, poets and dancers from Baha’i, Jewish, Sikh, Islamic, and Christian faiths, as well as sacred chanting from the Native American tradition and an original interfaith dance choreographed for this event. The chorus of the host church will join these performers, singing “Ubi Caritas” by Ola Gjielo and solo piano improvisation. There is no admission FEE for entry. Drinks and raffle tickets will be sold. Free will offerings always accepted.
Download the flyer here: Spring 17 flyerc