Office Manager-part-time 13-16 hours/week
The Interfaith Council of Contra Costa County, a non-profit organization, is seeking an Office Manager. Duties include general office tasks, mailing, newsletter preparation, calendar maintenance, bookkeeping, bank deposits, and graphic design skills needed. Helpful if one has experience with Quickbooks and/or DonorPerfect and has strong computer skills. Webpage editing skills desirable but not mandatory. Training offered to the hired candidate. Must be good at independent work, work well with others from all walks of life, and respectful of all faiths traditions. Available immediately.
Hours: 13-16 hours a week set schedule (times negotiable).
Salary: $18-$20/hour to start depending on experience.
Contact: Rev Will McGarvey, Executive Director, email@example.com or mail resumes and a cover letter to the office below.
Office location:1543 Sunnyvale Avenue, Walnut Creek, CA 94597
Weekly13-16 hours per week, Job Responsibilities
- Donations: Maintain I4C and WN contributions DonorPerfect database; Cross reference the various databases to confirm they have accurate and current information; prepare bank deposits; take deposits to the bank weekly; maintain the DonorPerfect and PayPal accounts. Assist in the preparation and mailing of tax information letters in January of each year to our donors.
- Donation acknowledgments: Prepare thank you letters sent within 3 days of receipt of a donation for I4C and WN.
- Appeals for donations: Generate letters, envelopes and enclosures for all I4C and WN appeals in zip code order; organize volunteer team to assist with I4C Spring, Fall and Year End appeals as needed. Organize the WN Fall Appeals letter. Mail letters with first class stamps.
- Contacts: Maintain newsletter mailing list database donations lists for I4C and WN; membership and Elected Council lists in DonorPerfect and printable formats.
- Mail/email/phones: Pick up and sort mail from UMC office; open and handle as required. Respond to phone messages. Pickup email and respond. Responses to phone and email inquiries should be acted upon within 48 hours of the request (except on weekends). Organize and send events notifications.
- Website and Facebook: Maintain I4C website and Facebook page as directed.
- Elected Council: Respond to Governing Board and Elected Council as needed.
- Payroll: Provide treasurer and book keeper with financial related information including time sheets and payroll related information for I4C employees, and WN when necessary. Mail payroll statements to paid staff.
- Insurance and Tax Exemption Status Files:Maintain insurance policy summary and tax exemption status files; submit invoices for payment after review by the Executive Director and Governing Board.
- Check requests:Generate requests for reimbursements and process them along with copies of receipts. Reconcile deposits: Do deposits at least once a week. Reconcile deposit records for I4C and WN against treasurer’s monthly reports. Bookkeeping: Post all deposits and bills to be paid in Quickbooks. Cut checks that are approved by the Board members with oversight of the different ministries they oversee and notify the signers to be sure the bills are paid in a timely manner.
- Winter Nights specific responsibilities: Respond to volunteer inquiries and coordinate requests. Compose formal letters of gratitude and send to all host, co-host and coordinators. Take notes at monthly meetings and forward to point of contact.
- Newsletters:Copy information into newsletters and format for a quarterly newsletter; send out electronic pdf’ed version of the newsletter to electronic subscriptions and mail the hard copy versions via mail to those on our mailing list; ensure sufficient funds in USPS account; forward to printer and authorize printing; notify volunteers for mailing folding and preparation if needed.
- Postal Accounts:Maintain account balances in our bulk mail account and our address correction postage due account.
- Filing:Maintain and create files and file invoices and reports.
- Office Maintenance:Maintain the office in a clean, organized and presentable fashion. Work with others who also use the space to make sure everyone’s workspace needs are met.
- Equipment:Assumed responsibility for replacement research/decisions/installation and maintenance of computer/printer-scanner/copier/phones/fax/shredder; provide copier meter reads as required by contract.
- Supplies:Order letterhead stationery/envelopes; order/purchase supplies and keep stocks current.
- Shredding:Shred all confidential documents that are no longer needed.
- Computer:Backup computer files on a monthly basis onto a flash drive or cloud account that is kept separate from the office with all critical files such as the databases and financial information, etc.