Please join us in the
What can you and your congregation or small group do to make Contra Costa County a more caring, kind and compassionate place to live?
- Could you host an Interfaith program of some sort?
- Would you like to create a service project that encourages others to “pay it forward?”
- Is it possible for you and your friends to plan some “random acts of kindness” that make a difference in your part of the county?
- What creative project could you organize with a small group of others to tackle something that’s been ignored for some time?
- September’s theme is International Day of Peace and being peacemakers wherever we are.
- October’s theme will be the Rights of the Hungry and addressing hunger.
#CaringContraCosta is an initiative of the Interfaith Council designed to nurture a positive, welcoming environment in the East Bay, and cultivate a culture of love, concern and kindness throughout the county that reshapes our public discourse. Please share #CaringContraCosta on your caring and compassion creating events that are shared with the broader community!
Do our words and actions speak welcome, inclusion, kind-heartedness and compassion here in Contra Costa County?
There are wonderful people living in our communities with incredible stories. These challenges will not only highlight amazing people throughout the East Bay, but also inspire us to make our community better for everyone!
Here are some of the themes we will use for our first year, but you can host an Interfaith Program, like our Everyday Peacemaking or Defusing Hatred programs, or create a diverse panel of religious leaders to discuss a topic of your choosing.
January– Poor People’s Campaign July– Religious Freedom
February– Black History Month August– World’s Indigenous Ppls
March– Women’s History Month September– Intl. Day of Peace
April– Earth Day and Creation October– Rights of the Hungry
May– Workers, Living Wages November– Homeless Awareness
June– World Refugee Day December– Criminal Justice Month
We can’t wait to see your reflections and actions using our hashtag #CaringContraCosta! You can also share by emailing your reflections and events to firstname.lastname@example.org and post them on our Community Calendar (there’s a Submit Your Event link at the bottom of our website!).
Be sure to stay up-to-date with the #CaringContraCosta campaign and consider how you can participate by subscribing to our newsletter at http://interfaithccc.org/membership.